Process of MSME Registration
Table of Contents
The topics we will be covering in this section are-
- What are MSMEs?
- Benefits of MSME registration
Documents required for MSME registration
- Aadhaar Card Number
- PAN Card Number
- Location and address of the organisation
- Name, Gender, Email ID and Mobile Number of the applicant.
- Bank Account Number as well as the IFSC Code
- The business activity of the owned enterprise.
- National Industrial Classification (NIC) 2-digit code.
- Investment details about plants, equipment or machinery.
- Turnover details as mentioned in the new MSME definition.
- Sales Bill and Purchase Bill copies.
- Copies of Licences.
- Partnership deed (If any)
Step-by-step MSME registration process
Once you are sure that you have all the required details and documents. You can proceed by visiting Udyam Portal to proceed with the registration process. Here's how:
- On your browser, visit Udyam Portal by clicking on this link: https://udyamregistration.gov.in.
- If you are registering your business for the first time, click on 'For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME or those with EM-II'.
- On the next page, fill in your Aadhaar details and your name.
- After that, click on 'Validate & Generate OTP'.
- After the verification process, it will ask for your PAN details.
- If you don't have a PAN, select the 'No' option and click on 'Next'.
- In the next step, you have to fill out all your personal details and the details of the plant or industry.
- Once you're done with filling up the details of MSME registration, click on 'Submit and Get Final OTP'.
- On the last page, fill out the code that has been sent to you and click on 'Final Submit'.
- Next, there will be a Thank-you message on your screen indicating the end of the process.
- There will be a registration number; note it down for future reference.
- The approval can take 3-4 working days.
- If the registration is accepted, you will receive your MSME registration certificate through email.
Why should an MSME owner choose the Vyapar App?
Managing a business can be a convoluted task. Vyapar is an app that can help make a lot of those tasks easy to manage. It is a business software that provides you with the features that help you manage invoices and accounts. Vyapar app comes with several other features that come in handy that can make your business proceedings a lot smoother.
Vyapar provides options to its MSME owners, like making GST as well as non-GST transactions. You can also backup your business data to cloud services like Google Drive, local-drive or email. Vyapar is also very strict with its security measures to protect its owners from scams and data loss. It provides an option to protect your data with a passcode. If you are an MSME owner and looking for an app that can handle your business in a professional manner, the Vyapar app is the way to go.