28th GST council has turned out to be a reliever for taxpayers. Here’s what’s changing hereafter:
- Sanitary Napkins are exempted from GST going forward: Woo-hoo! Ladies voice seems to have heard loud enough.
- No decision on 1% sugar cess: Perhaps the council needs more time to figure this out.
- GST on hotels would now be on actual tariff & not declared tariff.
- Ethanol for Oil Marketing Companies now at 5% vs 18% earlier.
- 5% GST ceiling on footwear raised from Rs 500 to Rs 1000: You can reach for some higher priced footwear without having to bear heavy taxes.
- GST on paints & varnishes, wall putty cut from 28% to 18%. GST on bamboo flooring reduced to 12%: Time for some house renovation.
- GST on all leather items cut from 28% to 18%: Now that’s a green signal to restart your leather shopping.
- GST on special purpose vehicles, work truck, trailer cut from 28% to 18%: Now, that’s a real relief to many people out there.
- Reverse Charge Mechanism under section 9(4) to remain suspended up to 30/09/2019 i.e. further extended for one year.
- GST on consumer electronics – TV (up to 27″), Washing Machine, Refrigerator, mixer, juicer, grinder cut from 28% to 18%: Necessities gets affordable.
Download the BEST GST Compliant Mobile Billing App