With the new changes in E-Way Bill system, it becomes even more easier for taxpayers and transporters to generate E-Way Bills starting 23rd April 2019.
Here are the 5 major changes that makes your life easier:
👉 The e-waybill system will auto calculate and display the distance between the supplier and receiver addresses.
- You will be allowed to increase the distance only up to 10% more than the displayed distance.
- In case the supplier and receiver have the same pin code, you can enter the distance up to 100 KMS.
For example, if the system has shown the distance between Place A and B, based on the PIN Codes, as 655 KMs, you’re allowed to enter the actual distance up to 720KMs (655KMs + 65KMs).
- In case you enter the wrong pin code, you will get an error. It will then be reviewed by the department
👉 E-way Bill can be generated only once for a particular invoice. Generating multiple E-Way Bills on one invoice is not allowed.
- Nobody is allowed to generate more than one E-way bill for an invoice. Not even receiver & transporter.
- One invoice, one E-way bill policy is followed.
👉 You can extend your E-Way Bill in case your goods are in movement.
- When you want an extension, you must choose either “Consignment in transit” or “Consignment in movement”.
- When you select “In transit”, you need to enter the address of the place.
- If you choose “in movement”, you need to enter the place and vehicle details from where the extension is required.
👉 Composition Dealers are not allowed to generate E-way bill for inter-state movement of goods
- If you’re a composite scheme user, you will not be allowed to enter details of CGST and SGST.
- Also, document type – Tax Invoice will not be enabled.
👉 You can now view the list of e-Way Bills about to expire
- You can now view the list of e-Way Bills about to expire in a period of 4 days. (From current date (T) then (T)-1, (T)+1, (T)+2).
For example: If today’s date is 25th April, you can see the list of e-Way Bills which expire/expired on 25th, 24th, 26th & 27th of April.
- You can now keep track of expiry dates for each of your inter-state deliveries.
What do you think about these changes? Comment below.
Download the BEST GST Compliant Business Accounting App