Now, taxpayers can see the status of returns filed on GSTN portal; here is how.
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
3. Click the Services > Returns> Track Return Status command.
On submission of your GST return, you will be given an Application Reference Number (ARN). You can track the status of your application with this ARN.
a) In the ARN field, enter the ARN received on your e-mail address when you submitted the return.
b) Click the SEARCH button.
The Application status will be displayed.
Application Status and what it means:
- TO BE FILED: Return due but not filed
- SUBMITTED BUT NOT FILED: Return Validated but not filed
- FILED – VALID: Return filed
- FILED – INVALID: Return filed but tax not paid or short paid.This application status of return tells you what should be done next.
Struggling to generate accurate GSTR reports? Try Vyapar. Download HERE>>
Download the BEST GST Compliant Mobile Billing App