What is an E way bill?
Under GST, transporters should carry an eWay Bill when moving goods whose value exceeds Rs. 50,000 from one place to another. GST E way bill needs to be generated on the eWay Bill Portal.
* E way bill is used to monitor the movement of goods to/ from a state in order to check tax evasion.
You may not require E-waybill in the following cases:
- If the value of the goods being shipped is < Rs. 50,000.
- When the goods being shipped are exempt from GST.
Who should Generate an eWay Bill?
You may want to read these:
How to Apply for GST Registration Online in India?
Legal Requirements for Business Registration in India
9 Types of Small Business Insurance and What it Covers
No eWay Bill if you haven’t filed your GSTR-3B
When to generate an E-way bill?
An e-way bill must be generated before the goods are shipped. An e-way bill should be generated even if the value of goods being shipped is lesser than Rs.50,000 in 2 cases:
- When the goods are supplied by a principal to a job working in an inter-state transaction.
- During an interstate transfer of handicraft goods by a supplier who has been exempted from GST registration.
Stay updated about the Latest GST News on Vyaparapp.in.
Download the BEST Free Billing Software