Filing GST Return was always difficult! Isn’t it?
Luckily, Govt promised to make it simple with the new simple GST return forms. This should have been available to you by April 1, 2019, but it’s still not. It’s delayed!
The new date would be decided after the new software system is 100% ready.
What will be the new process?
- If your annual turnover is up to Rs. 5 crores, filing GSTR 1, GSTR 2 and GSTR 3 every month is not required. You just have to file one of these two forms – Sugam & Sahaj once in 3 months (quarterly basis).
- “Sahaj” return form is for B2C business i.e. businesses which make supplies to consumers
- “Sugam” is for B2B business i.e. businesses which make supplies to other businesses & consumers too.
- You still have to file GSTR-3B anyways.
- If you have no purchases, no output tax liability and no input tax credit in any quarter of the financial year, you need to file just one ‘Nil’ return for the entire quarter.
- You can file returns just by an SMS. Well, that sounds easy!
What are the benefits?
- GST Return Filing will be easy & simple for small businesses.
- No more compliance issues.
- Seller and buyer invoices can be matched easily.
What do you think about it? Comment below.
Download the BEST GST Compliant Business Accounting App