Yes, there will be no more GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B for GST registration! Get ready to file your GST returns with the new GST forms.
The 3 FORMS which replaces GSTR-1, GSTR-2 and GSTR-3B are:
For the next 3 months (July to Sept, 2019), taxpayers must practise filing GST returns using ANX-1 & ANX-2 to become familiar with it. You can,
- Upload invoices using ANX-1.
- View and download, the purchase details using the ANX-2.
- View the summary of inward supply invoices on the common portal online.
- Import purchase register and compare it with the downloaded inward supply invoices to find mismatches from August 2019.
In this period (July to Sept, 2019), you should continue filing GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B. Otherwise, you will have to pay a penalty.
From Oct, 2019 onwards,
- ANX-1 shall be compulsory &
- GSTR-1 would be replaced by ANX-1.
From Jan, 2020 onwards,
- GST RET-01 shall be compulsory &
- GSTR-3B would be replaced by GST RET-01
If your turnover is <= Rs 5 cr
If your turnover is > Rs 5 cr
Source: The Economic Times
What do you think about this NEW return filing process? Please comment below.
Download the BEST GST Compliant Business Accounting App