Why do we need the GST Bill ?
Every small business in India today is asking “What is the GST Bill ?”. Now, we at Vyapar are making an attempt to explain it in plain terms to our readers.
To start off with, we know that every country and it’s Economy, changes with changing times. Today, India is one of the fastest growing economies and to reach this stage, it has undergone some major economic reforms like Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation in 1991, Nationalisation of banks etc. The most recent being the Demonetisation.
These are some of the most significant milestones which have taken the economy ahead by leaps and bounds. One such reform that will take India’s economy ahead, is the GST Bill, also knows as Goods and Services Tax Bill 2014.
What is GST Bill ?
The Goods and Services Tax is a single tax applicable to everyone from manufacturer to consumers. It combines all the indirect taxes like SALES TAX , Central VAT, OCTROI, EXCISE DUTY, VAT, and others into one. The GST bill has been passed in the Rajya Sabha on 6th April, 2017. It was implemented from 1st July 2017.
GST Bill ( Goods and Services Bill ) Details:
- All the goods and services produced in the country will be considered alike and thus, only one tax will be applied till the consumer accesses it.
- Furthermore, all types of industries, big or small, will be paying the same tax , hence creating equality in business.
- Because of the federal structure of the Indian Policy, the state and center governments will apply the State GST (SGST) and the Center GST (CGST) respectively.
- GST bill will be applied to both intra-state and inter-state transactions. i.e. the taxes to be paid by the business for their state transactions and country wide transactions will be the same.
- GST shall be levied on all imported goods and services.
Businesses in the future will be required to be more digital. Hence, the sooner businessmen start adopting technology to manage their business , the better it will for them to succeed.
Use this Application to manage your business on your fingertips. It is easy enough for everyone to use, even if you don’t have any accounting knowledge.
Take a step towards becoming more GST compliant using this Mobile App
# Components of GST
A dual GST Model has implemented that distributed powers to both Centre and States to levy the tax concurrently And depending upon the place of supply and nature of supply, there are four tax levies under GST being used in GST bill.
Following are the Main components of GST:
- Central GST (CGST) – It is an indirect tax levied and collected by the Central Government on the intra-state supplies.
- State GST (SGST) – It is an indirect tax levied and collected by the State Government on the intra-state supplies.
- Union Territory GST (UTGST) – It is an indirect tax levied and collected by the Central Government on the inter-state supply of goods or services.
- Integrated GST (IGST) – It is an indirect tax levied and collected by the Union Territory on the intra-state supply of goods or services.
# How to make a GST bill in Vyapar?
Don’t have Vyapar app!
Download Free GST Invoice Software!
Create a GST Bill in less than 2 minutes with 8 GST bill formats. Enable few GST settings and start creating a GST Bill with your company name & company logo.
1.) Click on “Settings” > “Taxes & GST” settings
2.) Enable “GST” option > Enable “HSN/SAC code” option > Go back to home screen
3.) Click on the “Add Sale” button > Click on the customer field and select the party name from the list or add a new party by clicking on add party in the dropdown.
4.) Click on the “Add item” button > Click on the product name field and select the party name from the list or add a new party by clicking on add party in the dropdown.
5.) Enter all the required details. If the details already saved in the item it will come automatically. > Select “GST%” applicable on item/product > Click on “SAVE” button
6.) Enter all the required details like payment received/ payment type/ state of supply/ description > Click on “SAVE” button
7.) Preview of the GST bill. You can take a print of this GST bill and share it with the customers on WhatsApp/ email etc.
You may also read:
1.) How to Generate EWay Bill From Vyapar? All About Eway Bill!
2.) How to Send Free Whatsapp Greeting Messages?
3.) How to Use Vyapar for Your Restaurant Business In Simple Steps?
4.) How to Prepare GSTR-4 Annual Return for Composition Taxpayers using Offline Tool?
5.) Ab Vyapar Se Business Card Bheje! Professional Dikhe Aur Business Badhayien!
Stay updated about the Latest Business Tips on Vyaparapp.in.
Download the BEST Free Billing Software