Any business whose annual sales exceed Rs.20 lakhs or Rs.40 lakh (for a supplier of goods) is required to register under the Goods and Services Tax.
All taxpayers who are registered under GST receive a Goods and Services Tax (GST) certificate. It’s a crucial document that you’ll need to download and print on various occasions. This includes issuing to your customers or suppliers after a new registration, after an amendment to the registration, and after new registration. You might be required to present your GST number or GSTIN at several instances, which is written on your GST certificate. The sole way for taxpayers to get a GST certificate is to go to the GST’s official website or portal.
The Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) is the authority that issues GST certificates, and it does so electronically. In addition, this certificate is given and authorized in accordance with the terms of the Goods and Service tax Revised Act 2017.
The certificate includes information like legal name of business, trade name, type of registration principal place of business, and additional place or places of business, etc.
# How to edit a GST Certificate?
1. Go To the Official Portal Of GST
2. Click On Login
3. Enter your details
4. Click on ‘services’.
5. Go to registration
6. Click on amendment of registration
7. Edit the necessary details.
8. Go to the verification box.
9. Go to the authorized signatory.
10. Enter a place.
11. Sign the registration certificate.
12. A confirmation message will be sent to your email address and cell phone number.
Within 15 days of receiving the GST registration certificate, the taxpayer can make changes to the information they have provided. They must supply valid documents to change the details in the GST certificate. If a taxpayer fails to submit the right papers or the form within a certain time period, the amendment form will be automatically rejected. If authorities authorize the taxpayer’s request for modifications, they will receive a confirmation email to the address provided and a message on the number provided. Within a few days, the taxpayer will receive a new GST certificate with updated information.
# How to download a GST Certificate?
Without logging in, you will not be able to download your GST certificate. This is due to the fact that the portal does not allow you to download the GST certificate without first logging into the GST portal. As a result, anyone cannot just go to the GST portal, enter any taxpayer’s GST number, and get the certificate.
It is fairly simple to obtain a copy of the GST certificate. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to www.gst.gov.in to access the GST portal.
- Fill in your login information.
- Click on the Services, then click on User Services and select the View/Download Certificates option.
- The screen will display all of the certificates issued by the GST tax authority in descending order.
- Click on the link under the Download option. A new window will appear, allowing you to choose between open or save
- To save the file, click the Save option. You now have a copy of the GST Certificate in pdf format.
On the GST portal in India, GST registration is completely free. However, if you hire a professional to complete the task, you will have to pay them.
You may also like to read this:
Stay updated about the Latest News on Vyaparapp
Download the BEST GST Compliant Mobile Billing App