Printable Invoice Template
Vyapar can help you manage and issue printed invoices seamlessly. Over 5 million small business owners trust Vyapar in India. Using the app to create printable invoice templates using accessible formats is effortless. The best part is that using the word debit notes by Vyapar requires no technical knowledge.
What is a printable invoice template?
An invoice is a commercial document that records a transaction between a buyer and a seller. Printing an invoice means keeping or storing the hard copy of the sale transaction. The business owner should first carefully check the whole invoice before printing it.
Nowadays, computer-generated invoices are more prevalent. These printable invoices can be prepared using the word, excel, and pdf templates and printed out using both regular and thermal printers available in your store.
After being printed, it is then sent to the customer on his demand. A hard copy of the invoice or physical invoice copy is not required if the invoice is created per rule 48(4) of the CGST Rules and has a Quick Response Code and an Invoice Reference Number.
Why do you need a printable invoice template?
A printable invoice template makes it easier to print suitable invoices for your customers. Here are some key reasons why you should use the printable invoice:
It provides accuracy:
If you choose to provide a daily, bi-weekly, or monthly invoicing schedule can significantly increase the accuracy of your invoicing. Letting bills on hold or sending them at odd times leads to a significant amount of work going unbilled and could lead to double-billing customers. Printable invoice formats can be used in the Vyapar app to make automated calculations for accuracy.
Increase cash flow:
It is not a hidden thing from you that invoicing your clients and customers leads to getting paid more regularly. Customers are more likely to pay if you offer them smaller bills, and customers are also more likely to pay when they await a bill. Invoicing means getting a more predictable cash flow, which can help you pay your bills, meet your payroll, and grow your business.
It helps maintain records:
Keeping track of your invoices is easier when you use a template to create invoices. The printable invoice helps you when a customer has a question about a payment or services, as well as your records, bookkeeping, and taxes.
It shows your professionalism:
Invoicing adds professionalism to your business or can be regarded as a professional invoice. A consistent process and system reduces errors, saves time and money, and adds organisation to your business.
It is easy to read:
Printed invoices are easy to read if we compare them to the electronic invoice of this modern era. It will be easier and more convenient for older people who are not acclimated to modern electronic invoices and find the printed invoices easier and quicker.
Where is the printable invoice template used?
Any business can use printable invoices to provide details of the transactions to their customers. The use of printable invoices these days is prevalent in the following sectors:
- Retail sector.
- Healthcare sector.
In these following places, you will see the use of printed invoices. However, the printable invoice templates work well with all other industries too.
Contents on the printable invoice template
While selecting the best invoice template for your business’s invoicing, it’s essential to think about the supplies, services, and your client’s requirements. Further, you should keep your company’s business objectives in check.
Choosing the best invoice boils down to selecting a format that allows you to bill for your products and services while still receiving payment on time.
You can bill your clients for sales or supplies and get paid correctly. Further, you can arrange account details and have all the necessary information, including tax details, in a professional invoice.
Receiving payment and charging for your supplies, customers, and clients can be easy with a suitable free invoice template. You should first format and customize your invoice to meet your requirements.
You should format your invoice with all pertinent information to ensure you get paid correctly and on time. This knowledge not only helps your clients pay you but also helps you arrange your company finances. Your invoice would be more structured and streamlined if you use the proper template.
Apart from business and customer needs, the organization must obey e-invoicing rules and the GST laws wherever it applies.
A well-prepared printable invoice will have the following contents:
- It will have a header with your business name and logo.
- Contains your business location and information.
- Contains an invoice number or a unique identifier.
- Invoice date.
- It will have the description of products or services sold and the quantity.
- Contains additional charges, fees or taxes.
- Due dates.
- Total amount due.
- Payment terms.
A tax invoice should be accommodated with the following components:
- It holds the name, address, and GSTIN of the supplier or seller.
- It accommodates the HSN code or SAC for goods and services.
- It carries the name, address, and GSTIN of the recipient or buyer if it’s registered under GST.
- Type of invoices such as a supplementary invoice, tax invoice, or revised invoice.
- It holds invoice numbers, serially numbered and unique in every financial year.
- Description of products or services supplied.
- Contains tax rate for every item on the invoice.
- It holds units or quantities of products and services.
- State of supply and place of supply.
- Carries the total amount of products and services supplied.
- Amount of IGST, CGST, SGST, or UTGST in separate columns.
- It will have a delivery address, in case it is not the same as the place of supply.
- Contains the digital signature of the supplier or any authorized person.
- In case a reverse charge is applicable, then it must be duly mentioned.