Are you an expert in a particular field? If so, you can work as an advisor to companies or an individual and draw huge salaries out of it.
You see, in this day and age, anyone can start a consulting firm. All you need to discover is what your particular gift is. In India, more people are getting into the consulting field because technology has made it easier for them to do so.
Here are 10 Simple Steps to Start your own Consultancy Business:
1. Learn what you are good at!
Are you experienced enough to advise others?
Discover what your particular gift is!
- For example, are you very comfortable working around computers? Do you keep up with the latest software and hardware information, which seems to be changing almost daily? And are you able to take that expertise you have gained and turn it into a service that someone would be willing to pay money for?
Then you can start a computer consultancy business.
- Or are you an expert in the fund-raising field? Maybe you have worked for nonprofit agencies in the field of fund-raising, marketing, public relations or sales, and over the years you have discovered how to raise money.
Then go with fund-raising consultancy business.
2. Get the License you need.
Make sure you have the qualifications necessary to get the job done.
- Based on your profession, you may need special certification or licenses before you can begin your consultancy business.
- For example, fund-raising consultants don’t need special certification, although you can become certified through the National Society of Fund Raising Executives. And in some states, you may need to register as a professional fund-raising consultant before starting your consultancy business.
3. What kind of Business Consultant do you want to become
Although you can be a consultant in just about any field these days, choose what’s in demand.
Few of the Profitable ones are:
- Accounting: Accounting is something that every business needs, no matter how large or small.
Start your Accounting consultancy Business to help businesses with all of its financial needs.
- Advertising: You can get hired by businesses to develop a good strategic advertising campaign.
- Auditing: From consultants who audit utility bills for small businesses to consultants who handle major work for telecommunications firms, auditing consultants are enjoying the fruits of their labor.
- Business: Know how to help a business turn a profit? If you have a good business sense, then you’ll do well as a business consultancy.
- Content writing: Everyone knows that most businesspeople have trouble when it comes to writing a report–or even a simple memo. Enter the content writing consultancy business.
- Career counseling: Career counselors guide their clients into a profession or job that will help them be both happy and productive as an employee. Good at it? Give it a try!
- HR: As long as businesses have people problems (and they always will), consultants in this field will enjoy a never-ending supply of corporate clients. You can also help businesses in recruiting good candidates.
- Insurance: Everyone needs insurance, and everyone needs an insurance consultant to help them find the best plan and pricing for them.
- Taxes: A tax consultant advises businesses on the legal methods to pay the least amount of tax possible.
4. Identify your Target Market
Find people who are willing to pay you for your expert advice.
- Find out who your potential clients are.
- Are you looking into large corporations? or do you prefer serving smaller businesses?
- Perhaps your services will be sought after by nonprofit organizations. Spend time preparing both a Consultancy business plan and a checklist accordingly.
5. Give your clients’ reasons to hire you!
Think about why you should get paid
Here’s why most consultants get hired:
- A consultant is hired because of his/her expertise.
- A consultant may be hired to identify problems.
- A consultant may be hired to teach.
- A consultant may be hired to influence other people. Make sure your consultancy business team has got such traits.
6. Picking the right location
- In fact, if you are able to, you should consider operating from your home. Advantages of starting home-based consulting business firms are – Fewer expenses & Time flexibility!
7. Hire help
Hiring good support staff can sometimes mean the difference between success and failure–between obtaining more clients or constantly losing clients.
There are some benefits to having someone in the office with you. Among them are:
- By having someone concentrate on the more routine tasks (opening the mail, filing, answering phones, etc.) you can focus all your efforts on recruiting new clients.
- You don’t worry about being out of the office.
8. Advertise your business consultancy offline.
Think about how you want to advertise your Consultancy Business.
- Word of mouth, local advertising, Recommendations from others are ways to drive traffic to your consultancy firm.
- Usually, offline Advertising can be very expensive.
9. Advertise ONLINE!
It is important to realize that, consumers of this generation are increasingly relying on the Internet for information.
- Firstly, utilize your business consultancy’s website and social media platforms to market your business.
- Secondly, mark your store on Google Maps.
- Alongside, use Social media like Facebook to reach the growing online consumer population.
10. Manage your Income & Billing
Set your fees right. Not More, Not Less!
- Before you set your rates, find out what other consultants in your community are charging for their services.
- Find out what the competition’s rates are. A simple telephone call, asking for their brochure and rates, should do the trick. Then set your rates so that you are competitive with everyone else in the community.
- When setting your rates, you have several options, including hourly rates, project fees and working on a retainer basis.
- Before setting your fees, make sure you have listed all of your expenses. There is nothing worse than setting your rates, having your client pay you on time and then finding out you failed to include several expenses that materialized.
Starting any business is the easiest part. Running it successfully efficient is the big deal.
- Managing consultancy business in India single-handedly or with a bunch of people without any confusion is today’s biggest challenge. Consider a Business software like Vyapar to ease up accounting stuff.
Stay updated about the latest Business Tips on Vyaparapp.in.
Download the BEST GST Billing Software Free