The Indian online marketplace is growing ever since it started. We’ve reached a point where there are approximately 250 Million Online Buyers in India alone. 4 out of 10 businessmen sell their products online and make 2 times more sales than the others. But, there’s a challenge!
So, are you looking forward to selling your products online with Cash-on-delivery (COD) but don’t know how? It’s simple!
Follow these 6 Easy Steps to successfully sell online with COD payment option:
Your first step is deciding which products or services to offer.
Here’s a list of products sold highest on the internet today according to Google (2019) :
- Apparel and Accessories
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Home and Furnishing
- Baby Care
The list doesn’t end. You can sell whatever adds value to your customers’ lives to be profitable!
Picking the right eCommerce platform is just as important as the product you sell. Of course, it depends on what products you wish to sell. Choose the ones that fall into your budget.
Here’s are the top online platforms to sell your products:
- Facebook Marketplace
✔ Choose where you want to register on.
✔ Better is to register on multiple platforms as most of them allow FREE registration.
✔ Work out the profit-sharing part with them and get your product details and pictures added on their platform.
Apart from this, you can even build your own online store if you’re technically sound or if you have someone to help you with that.
Most of the eCommerce platforms (Amazon, Flipkart, etc) take care of marketing. You just have to relax till the customers start coming in. Whereas if you want to sell on social media platforms or sell through your website, then you’ll have to do some basic marketing yourself.
For eg, You may want to sell hair accessories to women or you may want to sell men wallets to the men who fall into an age group of 25- 55 in Bangalore, social media provides you all such options
You may want to read this: 17 Reasons Every Small Business Market Social Media
Once you have your eCommerce store up and running, your next step is to start connecting with your potential customers.
- If it’s an eCommerce platform (Amazon, Flipkart, etc) that’s got you sales, you don’t have to worry about anything. Right from receiving orders to delivering the product, everything is taken care of.
- Here, you get your payments not from the customers, but from the platforms on which you’re listed (in most of the cases!).
- Whereas if you’ve got customers via Facebook, Instagram or if it’s a direct inquiry over call or WhatsApp, you may have to process the order pretty much differently.
Once you’ve taken the order, the next step is to deliver it on time.
✔ Partner with a logistic company
✔ Choose logistics that offer cash on delivery option.
✔ Some may do delivery but not COD. Primitive companies that operate in courier modes like DTDC or equivalent couriers may not have many options. It’s recommended not to go for such services especially in India where majority of payments are made cod.
Here’s the list of top 10 courier companies in India you can go for:
- Most companies charge regular courier charges and additional COD charges.
- Check if the charges are feasible for your selling.
- Sometimes, when a COD is returned back to you as customer refusal or unavailable, you will be charged both ways courier charges. Check if you have any concession over that.
So once you have your logistics partner ready, a delivery boy picks the shipment from you and delivers it to the address provided by the customer.
Once the logistics company ships the product to the customer. They receive money from the customer.
Having doubts about this process? Please ask your questions below.
Stay updated about the Latest Business Tips on Vyaparapp.in.
Download the BEST Billing and Accounting Software