Do you have a Restaurant Business? Are you using Free Billing Software? Searching for a best restaurant billing software? Confused with the accounting of your restaurant business?
Here you can keep your restaurant business on your fingertips with the Best Restaurant Billing Software. Also Download Free Restaurant billing software in mobile now.
# Download Vyapar Software
To download Vyapar software For your Restaurant Business Click on “Download Now”
After the completion of download Install it and login with your Business details > Select Your Country > Click on “Select” Button
Welcome to Vyapar.
You Have received a 30 days free trial. Start using Vyapar for your Restaurant Business Management.
# Add Your Business Details
To add your company details you need to follow this –
1. At home screen Click on “My Company” or “Company name” in Left menu
2. Here you will see the ‘Edit Firm’ window. Mention all required details here such as your Business name/ contact details/ GSTIN/ Email id/ Business address/ State/ Bank details.
3. Click on “More Information” option
4. Enter All the Business details & Bank details > Add Business logo and signature > Click on “Save” Button
Add additional Business details like Licence number/ Pan number etc.
Except for existing field options, you can also enable some additional fields to enter a few additional details. It can differ from Business to business. To enable it follow this-
1. Click on Settings in left menu
2. Click on “Transaction” > Click on “additional field” (it enables you to to add extra fields and give their names. These fields will be shown on invoice print out)
3. You can enable the extra fields individually for firm details and for transaction details. You can use a maximum of two extra fields for a firm and 4 extra fields for transactions
4. Enable the field and name it > Fill the value > Enable ‘show in print’ if you want the details must be printed on the invoice.
5. Select the transaction you want to enable the additional field for > Click on the “Done” button. Now the details will come on invoice preview and print.
# Add/ Import parties
While managing Restaurant business you need to add all the tables as a party (For ex. Table no. 1, Table no. 2, Table no. 3. In order to add a party,
1. you can click on the “PARTIES” option located inside the Left-menu.
2. On the next page, you will have the option to “add parties” in Vyapar.
3. Following are the parties related information you can store in Vyapar:
|Party Name||It’s the only mandatory field. The Names of debtors and creditors|
should be unique, But for Your restaurant business, you will also
save the “Counters or table number” as parties.
|Party Group||Can be enabled/disabled from “Party settings” It can be used|
to categorize various parties. Not applicable for restaurant
|Party Type||You can select the party GST registration type. To access this|
field make sure you have enabled the “GST” option from the
“Taxes and GST settings” (Use for your Debtors & Creditors)
|Party GSTIN||Unique GST number of your party. If “GSTIN” from “Taxes and GST settings”|
is disabled you will get the option to update the party “TIN” instead of the
party “GST.” If “GST” is enabled, make sure to keep “GSTIN” enabled from
“General settings”(Use for your Debtors & Creditors)
|State||State of your party where they reside or where they’re registered. To access|
this field make sure to keep the “GST” option enabled from “Taxes and GST
settings” as well as the “GSTIN” option from “General settings”
|Phone Number||Primary phone number of your party. You will be able to send|
“transaction messages” as well as “payment reminder” to this
|Primary email of your party. You will be able to share invoice|
details to this email address.
|Address||You can use this field to store the registered/current address|
of your party.
|Shipping Address||You can use this field to store the shipping address of your party.|
This field can be enabled/disabled from “Party settings”
|Current Balance||You can update any outstanding receivable/payable balance|
of the party. Make sure to select the “respective receivable/payable
button” as well after updating the current balance of the party.
|As on Date||Date of record of the current balance of the party.|
4. Click on the “Save” button > Click on “Save & New” if you want to add more parties.
5. You can check all the counters or tables are coming in parties list
# Import Party
You can also import the parties altogether in excel format. Before you add or import parties, kindly make sure to enable/disable required options from the “Party Settings”
- Click on “Utilities” in left menu > Click on “Import Parties”
2. Click on “Download sample”
3. Select the location to save the sample format. The standard sample format is downloaded in your device.
4. Open the downloaded excel format and fill it with the required details
5. Once the file is completed > Open Vyapar > Click on Utilities > import parties
6. Click on “Click here to browse” button
7. Select the file from the location
8. Check the list if any Party with the error or not > If it’s Clear Click on “Import”
9. Click on “OK”
10. All parties have been imported successfully. You can check the party list
# Add additional details of the Party
Additional fields can be used to store additional information about your party such as party PAN no, Aadhar number, Additional phone/email/address of a party, etc. You can enable a maximum of four additional fields, out of which 3 can be used to store inputs in the form of digits and alphabets Maximum of 30 characters allowed in the first 3 fields. Whereas fourth fields can be used to store as any date. You can use the forth field to store Date-of-Birth of a party, registration/joining date, etc.
1. Click on the “Settings” option in left menu
2. Click on Party
3. Enable the fields as many as you required
Enter the “field name” such as PAN no. > Enable “Show in the print” option to get this detail printed on the invoice
4. Now you will be able to enter the parties additional details at a time of adding party OR edit the existing one
Few More Points:
-In vyapar you can seperate the parties in groups
-You can also delete the parties if required
# Add/ Import Items or products
Inventory is a list of goods and services that a business holds for the ultimate goal of resale or reproduce. Inventory management is about specifying the Name, count, texture, expiry, and other information of stocked goods. Add all the Menu of dishes and Raw stock as Products in vyapar.
Holding inventory ties up a lot of cash. That’s why good inventory management is crucial for the growth of a business. Automated and good inventory management not just saves you money and time but also makes invoicing faster.
Inventory page can be accessed by clicking on the “Items” option, located inside Left-menu
Some of the Important features of Vyapar inventory are as follows:
1. Vyapar application allows you to maintain various attributes of items such as Serial/IMEI number, Expiry-date, Manufacturing-date, Batch number, Colour, Size.
2. You can assign units of items such as Kilogram/ gram/ liter/ piece/ box etc.
3. You can get an accurate track of your stocks before and after-sale.
4. You can maintain the value proposition of products/services in your inventory.
5. You can categorize your products in your inventory.
Before adding your products in vyapar have a small look at the Item settings and enable as per your requirements
* Click on the “Settings” icon
* Click on “Item”
- Enable Item – Want to manage inventory
You can enable/disable the “items” option as per your requirement from the “item settings” If items are enabled, you can further customize other items related settings.
- What do you sell – This is very important for the restaurant business to Select your inventory item-type (Products & Services) –
You can select what you want to manage – products/ services OR both products and services. The relevant option can be selected from the drop-down menu by clicking on the option named “what do you sell”
In the restaurant business, you need to select Product/ service both. You need to add all the menu dishes as services because you don’t need to maintain the stock of it and all the raw material or items as products.
- Barcode Scan – Want to do billing in seconds with barcode scanning?
Enables you to scan the item code/ barcode/ serial number for your products at the time of creating transactions.
- Stock Maintenance – Want to manage and track your stock?
You can also manage the stock of products added in Vyapar by enabling the “Stock maintenance” option. You will be able to check inventory reports and track the quantity and value of each product in your inventory.
- Show Low Stock Dialogue – Want to get a warning if stock is not available?
Enabling this setting will show a confirmation window for low stock while making a transaction.
- Item Unit – Want to assign a unit to inventory items?
This allows you to assign units for inventory items like Kilogram/ gram/ liter/ piece/ box etc at a time of creating or importing items.
- Item Category – Want to categorize items?
This allows you to create different categories and assign items to them.
- Party wise item rate – In restaurant business if you Want to set a unique item sale price for any particular Customer?
You can enable the “party-wise item rate” option from the “item settings.” While creating a sale transaction if you will modify the per/unit price of items for any particular customer then the application will set that price specific to the customer. Next time, if you will create a sale transaction of the same item against that particular party then you will get the last price/unit you would have set as default.
- Description – Want to enter any specific/ additional detail of the product?
It enables an additional column for you to enter any additional details of the product at a time of making transactions. You can also change the text as per your requirement from description to anything you need by clicking on “Change text”
- Item wise Tax – Want to apply tax on each product/service individually?
Enables you to apply tax separately for each Product in your sale and purchase transactions.
- Item wise Discount – Want to apply a discount on each product/service individually?
Enables you to apply a discount separately for each product in your sale and purchase transactions.
Example: if there are any offers and discounts going on at your restaurant during occasions or special days, you can mention it at a time of invoicing.
- Quantity (Decimal places) – Want to change the value after the decimal for product quantity?
Here you can specify the number of digits after decimal for product quantity.
- Additional Item column (Item Tracking) – Want to manage stock with various attributes?
Once fields are enabled, respective fields will be available while adding products, importing products as well as while manually adjusting any item. You can enter the required details in the columns and maintain stock. You can also change/ edit the name of the columns as per your needs after enabling the same from the same place. You can enable the fields from here.
Another few settings related to product you can enable from Settings > Taxes & GST
- HSN/ SAC code – Want to add HSN code in each product?
Enable you to enter the HSN/ SAC code of inventory item at a time of creating/ adding/ or importing products.
HSN – code for products.
SAC – code for service products.
It is mandatory for every business, registered under the GST guideline to enter the HSN/ SAC code for products invoicing.
- Additional cess – Want to add additional cess on items?
Enables you to add additional cess on an item at a time of creating/ adding/ or importing products.
Enable other Gst settings as per your Gst Registration Requirement
# Add product
1. In order to add a product click on “Items” in the left menu > Click on “Add Item”
Select “Product” if you are adding raw inventory > Select “Service” to Add all dishes as the product (as the dishes does not contain any stock you need to add them as service along with the price and tax)
Fill item Fields?
Item fields are the item related fields you update while adding/ importing items (product and services) in Vyapar.
To add Menu dishes Select “Service” & To add other raw material or items select “Product”
- Item name: Item name is a unique name of each individual product/service in your inventory. At any point of time, two or more products cannot have the same name. The item name is the only mandatory field to primarily add a product/service in Vyapar.
- Item Code: Item code field stores item barcode. Just plug-in barcode readers and use it on the go. For Android apps, you can download “Vyapar Barcode extension” from the Google Play store. With the Barcode facility, you can easily bill items from your app. The app will automatically detect and scan items. It results in reduced time & mistakes while billing.
You can enable/disable the “Barcode Scan” option from the “item settings”
- Category: Item category allows you to categorize items and then see various reports based on the category to understand your category performance.
“Item category” can be enabled/disabled from “item settings.”
You can also create a new category from add category in items
- Select unit: Select unit allows you to assign a unit to the item. the same will get printed in the invoice next to item quantity.
“Item Unit” can be enabled/disabled from “item settings.”
You can also create a new Unit from add Unit page in items
- Sale Price: The sale price of an item is the price you will be getting after the sale of each base-unit of an item.
- Sale-tax Type: You can select either of these two sale tax types, depending on the sale price you will set for an item:
Inclusive: If the tax amount is included in the sale price of an item.
Exclusive: If the tax amount is excluded from the sale price of an item.
Note: In order to access the GST slab while creating items, please make sure that you have a “GST” option enabled from “Taxes & GST settings.”
- Purchase Price: The purchase price of an item is the price you will be paying to your supplier after the purchase of each base-unit of an item.
- Purchase-tax Type: You can select either of these two purchase tax types, depending on the purchase price you will enter for an item:
Inclusive: If the tax amount is included in the purchase price of an item.
Exclusive: If the tax amount is excluded from the purchase price of an item.
- Tax Rate: The tax rate is the percentage of GST (tax) applicable to the item.
For Restaurant business you have to select the composition scheme as restaurant from – Settings > taxes & GST > Composition scheme > select Restaurant from drop-down menu
(Enables composition business mode of vyapar. You will not be allowed to add taxes on business transactions if you are under the composition business scheme of GST)
You can also create a new tax rate or groups from Gst settings if the required rate is not available.
- Opening Quantity: The opening quantity of an item is the quantity of the item available for sale at the beginning of an accounting period. Or we can say item Quantity available at the time you are starting to maintain your business in Vyapar.
- At price: The price of each base unit of an item at which the opening quantity of the item was purchased.
- Date: Date of the beginning of the accounting period of a product.
- Description: You may write the value proposition of a product in the description. You can also write/modify item-description while creating transactions of an item and the same will get printed in the invoice.
“Description” field can be enabled/disabled from “item settings.” If the field is enabled, you can also rename the same.
- Minimum Stock: It is the minimum stock quantity of an item set by you, below which if the stock quantity falls. The same item will be reflected in the “low stock item report.” then you can track them and save the stock from the “out of the stock” situation.
- Batch details/ Item tracking detail: if you enabled any additional item column from item settings then you will be able to enter the item details here with the particular column such as Serial no/ Size/ MRP/ IMEI no./ Batch no./ Exp. date/ Mfg date etc.
Click on the “Item Tracking Detail” button in order to update item attributes and respective quantities.
1. MRP/ Price – Accepts only numerical value. It allows entering only 10 digits.
2. Batch no. – Accepts all numeric/ alphabetical/ special characters. It allows entering only 30 digits.
3. Exp. Date – Accepts the only Date. You can change the date format from here.
4. Mfg Date – Accepts the only Date. You can change the date format from here.
5. Serial no./ IMEI – Accepts all numeric/ alphabetical/ special characters. It allows entering only 30 digits.
6. Size – Accepts all numeric/ alphabetical/ special characters. It allows entering 80-90 digits.
2. Click on “Save” > Click on “Save & new” if you want to add more Products.
3. Now the Product/ service saved and available on the item list. You can get a separate list of products & services.
# Import Products
If you already have a product list you can also import products in bulk.
1. Click on the “Utilities” option located inside the” main-menu” > Next click on “import item”
2. Next, Click on “Download” > Download the sample file
3. Open it and Update your item-list in a defined format in that downloaded excel sheet.
4. Get back to the Utilities > Import Item > Click on “Click here to Browse”
5. Select the updated excel file containing the Product-list.
6. On the next screen, see the list of valid item-line without error and click on “import item”
7. Next, acknowledge the “import successful” popup message. App will get restarted and you will be able to locate the imported Products in the item list.
8. Now the products are saved and available on the item list.
NOTE: Once you import the products (Dishes) it will show as products, but you need to convert them into service. For this Go in Settings > item settings > what do you sell – select Service > In popup window Click on ‘Confirm’ > Again select Product/ service > Now import the products in the same format.
# Create Transactions
Now you can start invoicing. In Vyapar you can create Sale, Purchase, Sale return, purchase return, Sale order, purchase order, Estimate/ quotation, Proforma invoice, Delivery Challan, Payment-in, Payment-out.
While managing Restaurant business you need to create table/ customer wise Sale orders and once the Customer is done with the meal you have to convert that order into an invoice by following these simple steps-
Before Creating an order enable few settings for Invoicing:
1. Settings > Transaction settings > Billing name of parties
(It can be used when customer names are very similar and proper names to be printed on invoices for every customer)
2. If there is any discount or offer you want to give to your clients on a particular dish, you can enable the discount option from Item settings > Item wise discount.
3. If there is any discount or offer you want to give to your clients on a whole invoice, you can enable the discount option from Transaction settings > Transaction wise discount.
4. You can also share the invoice details in SMS by using the Free transaction SMS service. If you saved the customer details as a party.
Settings > Transaction SMS > Enable “Send SMS to party”
5. You can also change the print settings from settings > Print Settings
1. To create a sale order click on Sale Order. You can also shortcut key for opening sale order form ALT+F
2. Select table number from list in the party name > Enter customer name in billing name and address if required
3. Select Product (Dish) name from the list
4. In case of selling any product, if you already added the tracking details it will show you the list of products with details (select the product you want to stock out first) > Click on “Done”
You can also add the product only by scanning barcode or serial number by clicking on scan icon in the left of the item line
Here you can scan the barcode/ item code and make billing faster
5. Enter Item quantity, price, discount, tax etc. > Click on “Save” button
6. You can add on the items by editing the order from order list till the customer is giving order
7. Once the customer is done with the meal you have to go in orders > Click on “Convert to sale”
8. Check all the details invoice number > Select the payment type > fill the received amount > Save
9. Check the preview and share the invoice with client on whatsapp, email or print out
10. With this status column you can also track the open orders in orders window
You can also check the transactions item wise.
# Stock Adjustment
While managing Restaurant business stock management is more important. To track how much stock we purchased, consumed and prepared. For this you have to do stock adjustment entries to manage your Raw material and finished goods.
The stock you purchased as raw material, you have to reduce that stock after using it for the preparation of finished goods (Dishes)
For stock adjustment you have to follow this procedure –
1. Click on “Items” in left menu > in item list go on the particular item > Click on “Adjust item”
2. On item adjustment screen select “Reduce stock” in adjustment type > fill all the required fields > “Save”
# Manage Expenses
Managing expenses and keeping track is not an easy task. In vyapar you can easily manage all your restaurant business expenses in simple steps by clicking on “Expenses” in the left menu.
# GST Reports
Get Ready GST reports and make GSt filing easier
Reports > GST reports
# Business Reports
You can also check all your transaction reports and stock reports in the reports section.
* Check Transaction Reports
* Check Day book
* Check Cash Flow
* Check Balance Sheet
* Check Profit & loss account
* Get party statements and share with them (helps to track party transactions)
* Check Bank statement
* Check Stock/ inventory reports
* Track Expenses
* Keep track on loan account
You may want to read these:
Now Be More Professional By Sharing Your Business Card From Vyapar
Make Your Invoices More Professional With New Invoice Themes in Vyapar
How to Apply for GST Registration Online in India?
Legal Requirements for Business Registration in India
9 Types of Small Business Insurance and What it Covers
No eWay Bill if you haven’t filed your GSTR-3B
Stay updated about the Vyapars on Vyaparapp.in.
Download the BEST Free Billing Software