Photography is a popular profession in India. Moreover, a photo studio is a hobby turned business which is booming in recent times.
Here are 10 Simple Steps to Start & Grow your Photography Business:
These days, anybody with a DSLR camera calls themselves as a photographer. You may have to work a little harder to set yourself apart from the flock of false photographers
- The first step is to question yourself. Are you really interested in photography?
- Secondly, do you have the necessary skills to strive in the industry?
- Are you interested in acquiring new photography skills?
If you’ve got what it needs, then go for it!
Cameras, camera gears, drone, tripod stand, etc. the basic set to start off should be yours.
- Make your photography business checklist with photography tools and equipment. Prioritize & buy them if they fall into your budget.
- What about a studio? Do you plan to start with a studio or work out of your home?
- Home Photo Studio can save you lots of money, but rent an office space if you need one.
Build your portfolio. Show your potential clients what you can do
- Get some experience from freelancing or work as an assistant under a professional photographer before you start it big time.
How much will you charge for your services?
- Figure out what one hour of your time is worth and charge accordingly.
- Check the market price. Know what your competitors are charging for the same services you wish to offer.
- Never over-charge or under-charge. Charge a fair-fee.
- Strategize! Charge a bit less for common services like wedding photography and make up for it during the pre-wedding shoot.
Figure out what makes you unique as a photographer and use it to brand your business.
- Earn a solid reputation as a go-to photographer.
You can be the greatest photographer in the world, but unless people know about you, it won’t do you any good
- Create a photography business marketing plan. Importantly, network with people, get customers through referrals.
- Be a people person. Make sure your client has a great experience.
Use channels like Facebook, Instagram to showcase your work and increase followers.
- Upload your best photographs online and earn appreciation.
Take classes, watch photography videos – anything to keep your skills sharp.
- Most importantly, continue improving your skills. It’s an ongoing process.
Once your photo studio business is established, it’s not a bad idea to hire people to delegate responsibilities
- Of course, when you’re just starting out, you can’t afford not to multi-task. But, once your business is established, it’s not a bad idea to delegate responsibilities, even if it’s on an as-needed basis.
Starting any business is the easiest part. Running it successfully efficient is the big deal.
- Consider a Digital Studio business accounting software like Vyapar to manage clients, billing. You can use it to manage your finances well effortlessly.
- Especially, with the “Payment Reminders” feature of Vyapar App, you can get paid faster too.
Download the best GST Billing App for your Photo Studio Business