Photography is a popular profession in India. Moreover, a photo studio is a hobby turned business which is booming in recent times.
Here are 10 Simple Steps to Start & Grow your Photography Business:
1. Set yourself apart
- The first step is to question yourself. Are you really interested in photography?
- Secondly, do you have the necessary skills to strive in the industry?
- Are you interested in acquiring new photography skills?
If you’ve got what it needs, then go for it!
2. Buy the equipment for your photography studio
- Make your photography business checklist with photography tools and equipment. Prioritize & buy them if they fall into your budget.
- What about a studio? Do you plan to start with a studio or work out of your home?
- Home Photo Studio can save you lots of money, but rent an office space if you need one.
3. Showcase your work
- Get some experience from freelancing or work as an assistant under a professional photographer before you start it big time.
4. Decide a pricing plan for your photography services
- Figure out what one hour of your time is worth and charge accordingly.
- Check the market price. Know what your competitors are charging for the same services you wish to offer.
- Never over-charge or under-charge. Charge a fair-fee.
- Strategize! Charge a bit less for common services like wedding photography and make up for it during the pre-wedding shoot.
5. Build Brand
- Earn a solid reputation as a go-to photographer.
6. Network, Network & Network
- Create a photography business marketing plan. Importantly, network with people, get customers through referrals.
- Be a people person. Make sure your client has a great experience.
7. Use Social media to promote your photography business
- Upload your best photographs online and earn appreciation.
8. Keep learning
- Most importantly, continue improving your skills. It’s an ongoing process.
9. Hire help
- Of course, when you’re just starting out, you can’t afford not to multi-task. But, once your business is established, it’s not a bad idea to delegate responsibilities, even if it’s on an as-needed basis.
10. Adopt technology to manage your Photo Studio business
- Consider a Digital Studio business accounting software like Vyapar to manage clients, billing. You can use it to manage your finances well effortlessly.
- Especially, with the “Payment Reminders” feature of Vyapar App, you can get paid faster too.
Download the best GST Billing App for your Photo Studio Business